Let’s talk about the similarities and differences in Golden Pothos vs Philodendron Brasil house plants!
Golden Pothos and Philodendron Brasil are both popular varieties of house plants. But, they are actually different plants!
Are Golden Pothos and Philodendron Brasil the same?
No – Golden pothos and Philodendron Brasil are different plants.
Golden Pothos vs Philodendron Brasil
Golden Pothos and Philodendron Brasil similarities
There are a lot of similarities between these two plants!
Both of these plants have heart shaped leaves.
These plants both have bright green leaves. They also both have light green or yellow variation
Both of these plants are vines. They can grow hanging or climbing a moss pole.
Ease of care
These are both super easy to care for plants. They need medium to bright light, weekly watering, and not much more!
Golden Pothos and Philodendron Brasil differences
There are a few differences between these two popular houseplant varieties.
Pattern of variegation
Pothos leaves get more speckled or marbled variegation. Philodendron Brasil coloration is more linear in design.
Pothos tends to have longer leaves while philodendron leaves are wider and shorter.
Golden pothos has thick, glossy leaves. Philodendron tends to have thinner, softer leaves.
Golden pothos leaves tend to get larger – especially in bright (but indirect) outdoor light – while philodendron brasil leaves stay more medium sized.
Pothos usually grows one large root or aerial root from each stem node. Philodendrons will grow many smaller roots from each node!
Can you plant golden pothos and philodendron together?
Yes, I love mixing different plant varieties together in one pot! These plants have the same care requirements so it’s easy to mix them. The best way to do this is when you take plant cuttings – once they root, just plant them in one big pot together!
Other pothos content you might enjoy:
- Golden pothos care guide
- Cebu Blue pothos care guide
- Baltic Blue pothos care guide
- Marble Queen pothos care guide
- Global Green pothos care guide
- Neon pothos care guide
- NJoy Pothos Care Guide
- Why are my pothos leaves turning yellow?
- Why are my pothos leaves turning brown?
- Why is my pothos plant not growing leaves?
- Why are my pothos cuttings rotting
- How to move pothos from water to soil
- Should I mist my pothos?
- How to make pothos fuller
- Can you propagate pothos without a leaf?
- Can you propagate pothos from a leaf?
- Can you propagate a long pothos vine?
- Where to cut pothos for propagation
- Pothos vs Snake plants: which is better for beginners?
- Cebu Blue Pothos vs Baltic Blue Pothos
- How to propagate pothos
- How to propagate golden pothos
- How to propagate a satin pothos
- How to propagate pothos in soil
- How often to water pothos plants
- How to care for variegated pothos
- How to revive a dying pothos plant
- Why are my Pothos leaves curling?
- How to identify and treat common pothos pests
- How to divide pothos plant
- How to make pothos grow bigger leaves
- Why does my pothos only have one vine?
- Can you grow pothos in low light conditions?
- How to cut off dead pothos leaves
- Are pothos plants toxic to cats and dogs?
- Can you grow pothos in water?
- Why is my pothos droopy?
- Why is my pothos plant dropping leaves?
Printable Pothos Plant Care Guide
Join the (free!) KeepYourPlantsAlive+ community to access this exclusive printable plant care guide! Or keep scrolling for more!