Let’s talk about the similarities and differences in Cebu Blue Pothos vs Baltic Blue Pothos house plants!
Cebu Blue and Baltic Blue are both popular varieties of the pothos plant. They are both Epipremnum pinnatum varieties.
Are Cebu Blue and Baltic Blue Pothos the same?
No – Baltic Blue and Cebu Blue pothos are different plants. They are both types of pothos, but they are different pothos varieties.
Cebu Blue Pothos vs Baltic Blue Pothos
Cebu Blue Pothos and Baltic Blue Pothos similarities
A lot of the similarities between these two plants are because they are both pothos plants!
Both of these plants have the signature long and pointed pothos leaf shape.
These plants each have similar blue-green leaf color that makes them unique and interesting.
That being said, Cebu Blue has more of a silver tint to it and Baltic Blue has darker leaves. But they both have those signature blue tones!
Ease of care
Being pothos plants, these are both super easy to care for plants. They need medium to bright light, weekly watering, and not much more!
Cebu Blue Pothos and Baltic Blue Pothos differences
There are a few differences between these two pothos varieities.
Cebu Blue plants have a definite scaly or bumpy texture to the leaves. This is gorgeous paired with the silver sheen.
Baltic Blue leaves are more smooth.
Both of these plants can fenestrate (split). However, it’s hard to get Cebu Blue to fenestrate – it needs to be climbing and get bright sun.
On the other hand, Baltic Blue fenestrates easily and often, even on young plants and new leaves!
Baltic Blue leaves are much larger compared to comparable leaves on the Cebu Blue.
These plants can both trail or climb. However, I find that Baltic Blue grows more in a mound while Cebu blue quickly gets long and trailing.
Other pothos content you might enjoy:
- Golden pothos care guide
- Cebu Blue pothos care guide
- Baltic Blue pothos care guide
- Marble Queen pothos care guide
- Global Green pothos care guide
- Neon pothos care guide
- NJoy Pothos Care Guide
- Why are my pothos leaves turning yellow?
- Why are my pothos leaves turning brown?
- Why is my pothos plant not growing leaves?
- Why are my pothos cuttings rotting
- How to move pothos from water to soil
- Should I mist my pothos?
- How to make pothos fuller
- Can you propagate pothos without a leaf?
- Can you propagate pothos from a leaf?
- Can you propagate a long pothos vine?
- Where to cut pothos for propagation
- Pothos vs Snake plants: which is better for beginners?
- Cebu Blue Pothos vs Baltic Blue Pothos
- How to propagate pothos
- How to propagate golden pothos
- How to propagate a satin pothos
- How to propagate pothos in soil
- How often to water pothos plants
- How to care for variegated pothos
- How to revive a dying pothos plant
- Why are my Pothos leaves curling?
- How to identify and treat common pothos pests
- How to divide pothos plant
- How to make pothos grow bigger leaves
- Why does my pothos only have one vine?
- Can you grow pothos in low light conditions?
- How to cut off dead pothos leaves
- Are pothos plants toxic to cats and dogs?
- Can you grow pothos in water?
- Why is my pothos droopy?
- Why is my pothos plant dropping leaves?
Printable Pothos Plant Care Guide
Join the (free!) KeepYourPlantsAlive+ community to access this exclusive printable plant care guide! Or keep scrolling for more!
Thanks for reading!
Hey there, I’m Morgan, a houseplant enthusiast from sunny Charleston, South Carolina. Growing up surrounded by my mom’s lush orchids and African violets, I discovered the magic of bringing nature indoors. Thanks to the pandemic, I delved deeper into houseplants, discovering their power to uplift moods and transform spaces. I’m here to spill all my secrets, helping you pick the perfect houseplant – and make it happy. Let’s keep your plants alive, together! 😊